Saturday, July 12, 2008

Chicken & Sausage Bake

Now here's a good idea: throw some chicken quarters and some sausage in a spicy mustard
marinade and bake it till it's ready! That's pretty much what this dish is. Here's the recipe for the marinade I used (from Nigella Feasts):


1 large onion, cut into eighths
1/2 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons English mustard
1 tablespoon dried sage
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 lemon

I put all the ingredients in a bag, mixed them well, and dropped the chicken and sausage (cut into 2 inch pieces) and marinated it for three hours (Nigella suggests overnight).

Then everything went into a roasting pan and cooked at 425F for 1 hr 15 min. To keep the sausage cooking evenly, I turned them occasionally.

Note: This is a great recipe, but it's maybe not something you want to do on a hot day. To run the oven at 425F for over an hour in the middle of a hot day was not the best idea. It was totally worth it, but it obviously wasn't my brightest moment.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Happi Boutique said...

Everytime I see this photo I think that it is toad-in-the-hole. Here is a photo
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1231/toadinthe-hole-with-red-onions-and-thyme-batter
i think I am going to make the tomato soup tonight!

Karen said...

That toad-in-the-hole recipe looks great! I think I am going to have to make that this week. It looks easy and delicious!
I hope you like the soup!