Sunday, April 13, 2008

Grilled Pork Tenderloin

I found a recipe for grilled pork tenderloin with pineapple salsa, but I didn't think I would like the rub very much, and the chutney looked iffy. So I chucked the recipe and made my own. I think it was a success, especially the spice rub which was very spicy. And the pork came out tender and juicy - I don't think I've ever had such juicy pork in my life! From now on, pork loin at our house will only be grilled.

Grilled Pork Tenderloin

1 lb pork loin
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp chili paste (I get this at the Asian market)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp lime juice

Preheat your grill, and let your pork loin rest at room temperature while you prepare the rub and chutney.

The chutney:
1 small can of pineapple chunks (8 oz)
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
2-3 strips of roasted red bell peppers, chopped (or you can use fresh red bell peppers)
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp brown sugar

Place all ingredients in a small sauce pan and simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and keep at room temperature or store in the fridge.


Combine chili powder, chili paste, salt, sugar, and juices. You'll get something that resembles a thin paste.
Rub the paste on the pork loin.
Place the loin on the heated grill and turn the heat down to med to med-high. (Remember this all depends on your grill).
Grill for about 20 minutes, turning it a quarter of the way so that you get good marks on each side. On the final 5 minutes, turn the heat to med-low. You're looking for an internal temperature of about 145.
Allow the pork to rest under a foil tent for about 10 minutes while it reaches an internal temp of 160.
Slice and serve with the pineapple chutney.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: