Saturday, March 15, 2008

Grilled Vegetable Pizza


Frozen pizza dough from Sam's Club is my friend. I can make focaccia, pizza, cinnamon buns, and this spinach appetizer which I'm making for a baby shower I'm hosting today. I'll post that recipe later. But for this post, I'm talking grilled vegetable pizza.

I grilled zucchini, squash, yellow onions, and eggplant on the grill. Super easy - just toss the vegetables, which you'll need to cut long-wise, in olive oil and sprinkle a little bit of salt. Grill on each side for about 8-10 minutes. For the pizza, you can cut them into bite-sized pieces.


The pizza:


1 ball frozen pizza dough (1 lb) - thawed and allowed to rest at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.

Pizza sauce (you can make your own or use prepared)

4-6 oz fresh mozzarella, either cut into large rounds or shredded

2 oz crumbled feta cheese

Grilled vegetables

Roasted red peppers (jarred)


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Roll out the pizza dough to desired thickness. Transfer to your pizza rack or cookie sheet, sprinkled with cornmeal to prevent sticking. (You want move your pizza to the cooking vessel before you start topping the pizza. )

Top pizza with sauce, mozzarella, feta, grilled vegetables, and roasted red peppers.

Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Slice and serve!


If you like, you can top the pizza with fresh herbs. I imagine fresh oregano or basil would be great with this.




No comments: